September 29th is National Coffee Day and Dutch Bros is giving you nine punches with a large drink. A freebie is ten punches, so that’s almost like getting a free drink! I’ve marked my calendar. How can you go wrong? Dutch Bros is, I think, the very best drive-through coffee – and my favorite. Here’s why:
- They actually pull shots, rather than using some concentrate syrup. My coffee is freshly made for me, every time.
- The culture at Dutch Bros is the best. The owner claims to be “just an old hippie”. I’d be happy to call him friend.
- Dutch Bros empowers their employees…. if they think you need a hug, or a free drink, or a sticker, they don’t have to go ask the manager.
- They respect customers and employees. Recently, baristas started coming outside to take orders ahead if the lines were long. Faster service for us, and it was suggested by a worker.
- Dutch Bros intends to remain awesome – to open a stand, you must have worked at a Dutch Bros, so you get how they do things.
- They have amazing blended Rebels – energy drinks with flavored syrup blended into the slushy thing. Amazing in a super-hot summer day. Sometimes you just need something besides coffee.
- Did I mention stickers? Love the stickers!
- The baristas play great music, loud. And they talk to you. And they remember you, even if you only stop by once a week or so. The baristas are the best.
- They know what I mean when I want to pay-it-forward to the next car. That green emblemed place hires people who need an explanation.
- T-shirts and march – first class!
- Dutch Bros supports local communities. Not all the time which is annoying, but often enough that you know they care. And they care about truly worthy groups in out community.
- They like us, they really like us! Once, a barista actually steamed goat milk for a customer (not me, I promise!).
- I’m always a rock star when I turn someone on to Dutch Bros.
- They have the greatest promotions.
- Oh, of course, they make the very best coffee drinks. Sincerely. The. Best. Treat yourself to an Annihilator.
There is a downside. Started in Oregon, and going from there, Dutch Bros is still found in only seven states. Not for long, I’m certain.